Mr. Kolakan Thipavong
Mobile : 02056555172
Email : email@example.com
Ms. NoyPhonthip Phongphavan
Head of financers
Mobile : 02056440148
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Xayasith xayalath
Mobile : 02055394882
Email : email@example.com
Ms. Munkmany Manichan
Mobile : 020 99792871
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization back ground
The Lao National Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS (LNP+) was established with the support of the Lao Red Cross (LRC) and the Australian Red Cross (ARC) in 2003 as a way to promote the participation of people living with HIV (PLHIV) in the national HIV response to prevent further HIV infection, battle HIV-related stigma and discrimination, and support access to newly emerging treatments, care and support activities.
LNP+’s use of the Greater Involvement of Persons Living with HIV and AIDS (GIPA) principle has gained them expertise in certain activities such as peer support and peer counseling. In August 2010, LNP+ applied for registration as a non-profit association (NPA) within the framework of the 115/PM/2009. They registered successfully on February 14, 2012 and on March 23rd, 2012 the LNP+ had its inaugural meeting.
During this meeting, they changed their official name from Lao National Network of People living with HIV/AIDS into Association of People living with HIV/AIDS (APL+), they established the role and regulations of the association and they elected the five members of the association’s management broad.
Today, APLHIV has 14 self-support group, in each self-support group, three representatives are selected President, Vice President and Treasurer by the vote of their peers. The 12 provinces self-support groups have organized and work in close collaboration with ARV treatment centers
- To strengthening the coordination in partnerships with the Lao government and CSOs as well as CBOs responding to HIV/AIDS in Lao PDR.
- To involve with all works which are related to HIV/AIDS and health care services.
- To advocate the primary issues of PLHIV, promote equal rights for PLHIV and reduce stigma – discrimination in communities.
- To provide assistance and support to PLHIV in accessing to care and treatment.
- To acting as key actors and representative voices of people living with HIV/AIDS in Laos.
- Policy advocacy on health issues and HIV/AIDS in Laos and regional
- Build the capacity for key population (people living with HIV/AIDS) at all levels and to respond to the national HIV/AIDS strategic plans
- Care and support PLHIV including women, children and vulnerable people by home visit, home bass care and monitoring and follow up for PLHIV who lost follow up
- Strengthening of coordinator from center and members network in provinces in services area and treatment services in efficiency manner.
- Promote the rights of PLHIV and encourage PLHIV access to health facilities
- Community campaign to reduce stigma discrimination among PLHIV and communities
The implementation activities to approach the goals of APL+ are still challenging and opportunity and the activities are mainly focus on care and support people living with and effected by HIV/AIDS including women and children
APL+ we are mainly FOCUSING ON SDG
No.3 Good health and well-being Children, adolescents and adults living with HIV access testing, know their status and are immediately offered and sustained on affordable quality treatment
No. 5 Gender equality
No.16 Just, peaceful and inclusive societies
Punitive laws, policies, practices, stigma and discrimination that block effective responses to HIV are removed
No. 17 Global partnership
AIDS response is fully funded and efficiently implemented based on reliable strategic information People-centred HIV and health services are integrated in the context of stronger systems for health
Full time staff/Human resource
- Board committee 5 people
- Steering committee 7 people
- Permanence committee member 25 people
- Full time staff 11 people
- Volunteer 15 people
Association of People Living with HIV/AIDS (APL+)
450 Road, Nakea Village, Xaythany district, Vientiane Capital Lao PDR
Tel: (+856) 30 5011871, Mobile/WhatsApp’s: 020 54621114
Facebook: HIV/AIDS Laos