Association of People Living with HIV/AIDS (APL+)
APL+ have been working with and for people living with HIV/AIDS and communities in 13 provinces, in each provinces there are 2 presentative volunteer or coordinator to coordinate with Head office in Vientiane capital, in 2020 Head office there are full time staff 7 people and 8 peer educators in 4 provinces. currently full time staff 13 people
Mr. Kolakan Thipavong
Mobile : 02056555172
Email : email@example.com
Ms. NoyPhonthip Phongphavan
Head of financers
Mobile : 02056440148
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Xayasith xayalath
Mobile : 02055394882
Email : email@example.com
Ms. Munkmany Manichan
Mobile : 020 99792871
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization back ground
APL+ established in 2003 as a Network of people living with HIV/AIDS founder by Lao Red Cross in collaboration with Australian Red cross. June 28th 2012 was registered as local civil society named: Association of People Living with HIV/AID (APL+). APL+ is coordinating and representing voices of people living with HIV/AIDS in Laos.
- To strengthening the coordination in partnerships with the Lao government and CSOs as well as CBOs responding to HIV/AIDS in Lao PDR.
- To involve with all works which are related to HIV/AIDS and health care services.
- To advocate the primary issues of PLHIV, promote equal rights for PLHIV and reduce stigma – discrimination in communities.
- To provide assistance and support to PLHIV in accessing to care and treatment.
- To acting as key actors and representative voices of people living with HIV/AIDS in Laos.
- Policy advocacy on health issues and HIV/AIDS in Laos and regional
- Build the capacity for key population (people living with HIV/AIDS) at all levels and to respond to the national HIV/AIDS strategic plans
- Care and support PLHIV including women, children and vulnerable people by home visit, home bass care and monitoring and follow up for PLHIV who lost follow up
- Strengthening of coordinator from center and members network in provinces in services area and treatment services in efficiency manner.
- Promote the rights of PLHIV and encourage PLHIV access to health facilities
- Community campaign to reduce stigma discrimination among PLHIV and communities
The implementation activities to approach the goals of APL+ are still challenging and opportunity and the activities are mainly focus on care and support people living with and effected by HIV/AIDS including women and children
APL+ we are mainly FOCUSING ON SDG
No.3 Good health and well-being Children, adolescents and adults living with HIV access testing, know their status and are immediately offered and sustained on affordable quality treatment
No. 5 Gender equality
No.16 Just, peaceful and inclusive societies
Punitive laws, policies, practices, stigma and discrimination that block effective responses to HIV are removed
No. 17 Global partnership
AIDS response is fully funded and efficiently implemented based on reliable strategic information People-centred HIV and health services are integrated in the context of stronger systems for health
Naxay Rd, Nongborn village, Xaysetha district , Vientiane Capital Laos.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/aplusLao/