World AIDS Day 2019 ກິດຈະກຳວັນສາກົນຕ້ານເອດ 2019
Event at Anouvong part on 13th December 2019, APL+ together with stakeholders and UNAIDS, AHF and others UN agency conducted Community Fair/event according to this year Them # Community Make the difference# Communities contribute to the AIDS response in many different ways Their leadership and advocacy ensure that the response remains relevant and grounded, keeping people at the Centre and leaving no one behind. Communities include peer educators, networks of people living with or affected by HIV, such as gay men and other men who have sex with men, people who inject drugs and sex workers, women and young people, counsellors, community health workers, door-to-door service providers, civil society organizations and grass-roots activists.
World AIDS Day offers an important platform to highlight the role of communities at a time when reduced funding and a shrinking space for civil society are putting the sustainability of services and advocacy efforts in jeopardy.
To remark the WAD as recognize day of all population especially people living with HIV/AIDS, APL+ with local CSO and UNAIDS will implement activities and do public campaign for demonstration about HIV/AIDS.
Organizers and lead : APL+, LaoPHA, PSI, YVC, UNAIDS, Vientiane department of health, AHF, CHAS, Lao red cross
Methodology/performants: Play game, question/answer relate to HIV/AIDS, mini panel discussion, HIV testing, HIV mobile counselling, condom performants, show live life positive VDO, photo voices (photos stories), Face book live,
• to campaign and promote HIV/AIDS for local civil society and general people
• to discuss the HIV/AIDS issues and shared experiences of living with HIV of PLHIV
• to rare awareness of audience on HIV/AIDS issues
• to promote HIV/AIDS prevention, reduce stigma and testing
• to encourage lay people more involve and response HIV/AIDS
• to recognize and campaign for remark 1st December is WAD
• to demonstrate about HIV/AIDS
• HV/AIDS mobile testing
• To promote communities’
• Encourage communities involve more HIV responses
Target audience: CSOs, UN agencies, NGOs and general people who are walking around there.
Location: Anouvong park
Date: 13th December 2019, Time 15.00 – 20.00 PM
– number of HIV testing increased and find out more hidden key affected population
– people understand more clearly about HIV and AIDS
– number of know statues increased and number of accessed to ARV and health facilities increased
– People recognized WAD and be part of HIV response
– People more aware about HIV/AIDS
List of booths show
Number of Organization name
1 Association of people living with HIV/AIDS (APL+) Booth show facilitate
2 Lao positive health association (LaoPHA) Booth show facilitate
3 Promotion of family health association (PFHA) booth
4 Population service international (PSI) Condom demonstration and perform
5 AID health care foundation (AHF) Booths show
6 Department health care VTEC Counselling /testing
No Description and information Response Time
1 Registration/ start event APL+ team 14.00
2 Welcome guests and announce event objective UNAIDS/ APL+ 16.00
3 Talk about WAD and brief about WAD MC/ APL+ 16.30 -17.00
4 Panel discussion about HIV/AIDS infection and community make difference APL+, LaoPHA , PSI, PLHIV, UN 17.00-17.30
5 Condom performants and demonstration PSI team 17.30 – 18.00
6 Watch live life positive VDO, and discussion about VDO, question/answer with audiences APL+ team 18.00 -18.30
7 Fun, games, Question /answer MC and all 18.30 -19.00
8 Performance Buslop dance (Lao traditional dance) MC 19.00 -19.15
9 Conclusion and close event UNAIDS 20.00 PM .
the event was attracted more than 1000 people joined community fair/event, 28 people HIV tested and 7 local CSOs joint booths and campaigned to promoted local communities activities and HIV/AIDS responses, the activities funded by UNAIDS Laos .